What is the Trading Online Voucher?
The Trading Online Voucher scheme is a government of Ireland initiative to help get Irish businesses trading online more effectively. It focuses on costs associated with your website, including design, development, SEO, social media, hosting, management and advanced functionalities such as payment processing and booking systems. It is the single most beneficial grant available for SMEs in Ireland who are interested in improving their online presence.
Who is the grant for?
The grant is not aimed at any industry in particular and can include e-commerce, hospitality, accounting, law, news & media, cleaning, construction, recruitment and retail.
The Local Enterprise Office does not mind what industry you are in, just so long as the new website will improve your company’s ability to do business online. This does not necessarily mean having an online shop, it could mean you have a simple payment facility or even a booking system.
Does my business qualify?
To qualify for the grant, your business must tick the following boxes.
* Less than 10 employees
* Under €2 million in turnover
* Company trading for over 6 months
* Applicant businesses must be trading for at least 6 Months
* Business must be located in the area covered by the LEO to whom they make their application
* Have an appropriate project proposal that satisfies the LEO evaluation criteria
What do you need to do?
* Register for the Trading Online Seminar/Webinar (You can find this in the events section of the Local Enterprise Office Website)
* Fill out the applications form (You can find this on the LEO website under Trading Online Voucher)
* Send it via email or post to your local LEO along with your quote
* Wait for approval (This can take a few weeks)
* Once approved you can begin the work
* Drawdown details of the grant will be given to you by the LEO officer when you are approved